Have you ever visited Japan?
Do you have an interest in Japanese culture?
What is it about Japan that intrigues you?
Japanese culture is much deeper and more multifaceted than what you can experience from just staying in a standard hotel and going through the set menu of tourist attractions. Out of the many fabulous destinations that are in Japan, this is especially true for perhaps two of the most famous cities in Japan; Tokyo and Kyoto.
Tokyo is a futuristic city where modern Japanese culture is buzzing through its streets, where Kyoto on the other hand has a completely different atmosphere built upon over a millennia of history. Kyoto was named the best holiday destination in the world by American travel magazine, Travel and Leisure for two years in a row. The two may be completely different cities yet you can experience so many different ways of life, culture and activities in both.
We invite you to experience Japan more deeply than you have before.
We know you’ll be falling more deeply in love with Japan, when you experience activities that the locals love.
And we know just the perfect hotel that will help you do that.
MIMARU is an apartment style hotel group that was founded only in 2018. It was created with a fresh concept of providing a home base where visitors can live like a local and see Japan from a different perspective.
The hotel combines traditional Japanese details with modern designs, and the rooms are designed to accommodate long-stay guests, families and groups as well. The rooms will provide you with all the creature comforts you expect at home, and a gorgeous and friendly atmosphere you hope for when staying in an accommodation.
From the amenities in the guest rooms to the staff, MIMARU has nearly thought of everything you need to make your stay convenient and comfortable.
Currently, there are six APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU locations in Tokyo and five in Kyoto. With so many locations available in the each city, you get to choose your pick on what you want to be close to based on your travel to-do list.
MIMARU is unlike any other hotel. From the entrance, to the common areas to the rooms, you can expect to get a good feel of what day-to-day lifestyle is like in Japan at MIMARU.
The design has incorporated Japanese style furniture and materials, and have paid attention to the finest of details including colour schemes and lighting.
As guests at MIMARU, not only will you feel at home, but feel immersed in Japan.
The standard type room accommodates up to 6 people so you can stay together as a group or family during your time at MIMARU. They also offer two connected rooms that accommodate up to 10 people totally so you don’t have to worry about missing out on precious moments with your loved ones either.
You can choose from a great variety of rooms and bed configurations to suit your needs. They have bunk beds, sofa beds, traditional Japanese style room and connecting rooms so be sure to book a room and configuration that will be the most comfortable for you. (You can arrange for a room that can accommodate an extra bed set up for a fee in the Kyoto locations.)
The pricing is per room, so those who are travelling with a larger group or staying for an extended time will save even more.
The guest rooms at MIMARU are more spacious and comfortable than average business or city hotels in Japan.
Every guest room at every MIMARU comes with its own kitchen and dining space, so you can live at your own pace and get comfortable. The kitchen comes with utensils and dinnerware as well as amenities such as a fridge, a microwave and an electric kettle. If desired, you can rent a toaster too.
Each room also comes with its own Japanese bathroom with separate bathtub and shower, as well as a separate, private toilet.
They also offer free WiFi so you can research and plan your activities during your stay. For long stayers, there’s a coin laundry in the common area so you can look fresh everyday!
MIMARU hotels are located in highly convenient areas where it’s easy to access via public transport. The convenient location will help you really delve into the day-to-day Japanese lifestyle, as well as easily access tourist locations that you don’t want to miss out on. The combination of the location and the helpful facilities and amenities at the hotel is what makes MIMARU such a great choice as a base camp for your holiday.
Japan is famous for its hospitable spirit and that’s no different at MIMARU. The friendly staff will attend to you in English so you can communicate your needs and have an easy stay.
The staff are full of local knowledge and will happily assist you in planning various cultural experiences, as well as direct you to all the best spots that you won’t find in a book or a blog.
At the front desk, they are set up with a tablet that can translate nine languages, and within each guest room, there’s also a Handy mobile phone installed with an AI chat bot to assist you 24/7 – including making restaurant reservations!
In the Kyoto locations, MIMARU occasionally hosts fun workshops for children within the hotel or in the local areas. You can join the workshops with your kids, or while they’re having a great time experiencing Japanese culture, parents can go off to explore Japan on their own (For children above 5 only). MIMARU was recognised by Mikihouse child & family research and marketing institute inc. as the very first Child-friendly HOTEL for travellers in Japan, so you can trust that they will look at for your whole family.
● Special service exclusively available in the certified “Child-friendly HOTEL for travellers” guest rooms
Toy rental service
Child-proofing on sharp corners
Bed guard to keeping sleeping children safe
● Other convenient facilities
Private bathroom with separate toilet
Coin operated laundry facilities
Complimentary amenities in guest room
Five MIMARU Locations (see note) in Tokyo and Kyoto will feature Pokémon Rooms with Pokémon-themed décor such as giant sleeping Snorlax “Kabigon” and dishes with Poké Ball patterns, which leads to relax and unwind.
All guests will also receive complimentary Pokémon merchandise exclusive to the hotel.
*There are two types of hand towels with unique designs for the Tokyo and Kyoto locations.
Rooms are available for stays beginning Tuesday, December 24, 2019, onward (subject to availability).
© 2019 Pokémon. © 1995–2019 Nintendo, Creatures Inc., GAME FREAK Inc.
Address: 7-14-4 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0005
Access: 4-minute walk from the Iriya exit of JR Ueno Station
Address: 4-26-3, Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0015
Access: 3-minute walk from the Iriya exit of JR Ueno Station
Address: 5-8-2 Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo 110-0015
Access: 3-minute walk from Exit 3 of Inaricho Station on the Ginza Line
Address: 17-6, NIHOMBASHI-Hakozakicho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0015
Access: 3 minutes walk from Exit 2 of Suitengu-mae Station
Address: 3-8-8, NIHOMBASHI-Kayabacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0025
Access: 3 minutes walk from Exit A5・B1 of Hatchobori Station
Address: 249, Tsuboyacho, Horikawadorirokkakusagaru,Nakagyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 604-8255
Access: 8 minutes walk from Exit 3 of Omiya Station
Address: 105, Machigashiracho, shinmachisanjonoboru, Nakagyo-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 604-8206
Access: 5 minutes walk from Exit 4-2 of Karasuma-oike Station
Address: 782 Honryusuicho, Nishinotoin-dori Takatsuji-agaru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Access: 7 minutes walk from Exit 6 of Hankyu Line Karasuma Station
Address: 15-1, Higashikujo, Higashisannocho, Minami-ku Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 601-8004
Access: 2-minute walk from Hachijo East Exit of JR Kyoto Station
Address: 724, Shimomatsuyacho, Kamanza-dori, Oike-agaru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto, 604-0034
Access: 5 minutes walk from Exit 2 of Karasumaoike Station
COMING SOON December 12th,2019
For a limited time only, we are giving away vouchers to stay at APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU in Kyoto! Five lucky winners and their friends and family will get to stay in the gorgeous, ancient city of Kyoto for two nights. The voucher is valid from 5th January to 30th June, 2020. Want a chance to win and experience what APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU has to offer? All you need to do is to answer the survey below. The application will be closed 10th December 2019.
We will announce two winners at the beginning of November and other three will be announced in the middle of December via email.
Don’t miss out and enter now!
FIVE lucky winners get to stay TWO NIGHTS at APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU in KYOTO. The guest room can accommodate up to four people!
The hotel vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions:
G’Day Japan! – “WIN & EXPERIENCE THE REAL JAPAN IN KYOTO WITH APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU” Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to the “Dream it & win it! Your dream Niigata holiday giveaway” prize draw (the “Promotion”) is limited to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over, and anyone professionally connected with it is excluded from entering.
2. The Promotion is run by JAMS.TV PTY LTD, Suite 3704, Level 37, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000, phone (02) 9252 6307 (the “Promoter”). All enquiries regarding the Promotion should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Promotion begins at 12:00 (AEST) on October 14, 2019, and ends at 12:00 (AEST) noon on December 10, 2019, and entrants must complete and submit the survey form available on the G’Day Japan website at https://www.gdayjapan.com.au/ by then to be eligible for the prize draw.
4. Submission of an entry constitutes an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted.
6. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
7. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entry forms will be deemed invalid.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
9. The winners will be drawn at random by the close of business on December 25, 2019 at Suite 3704, Level 37, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
10. Total value of the prize pool is $2,000.00, which includes 2 nights accommodation for four people to be won by a total of FIVE winners.
11. Winners may claim their prizes through the following methods: i) Requesting delivery by mail to a preferred postal address in Australia, or ii) Claiming in person from Suite 3704, Level 37, Gateway, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000.
12. Entrants are eligible to win a maximum of one prize from the total prize pool.
13. Prize winners do not have to be present at the time or place of the prize draw.
14. The Promoter will take reasonable endeavours to announce winners by publishing their names and state on the G’Day Japan website within 3 months of them being drawn. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for the inability to make contact with a prize winner within a reasonable time after the end of the Promotion, in which case another winner will be selected and notified as set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
15. The Promoter’s decision as to the winners of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Promotion or otherwise.
16. The Prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. If a prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
18. The Promoter will not be held responsible for the loss, theft or damage to any prize after it has been awarded.
19. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to verify the eligibility and identity of any participant and to disqualify any participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions.
20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) use of the prize.
21. Each participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the participant, the conduct of the participant in the Promotion or the use of a prize.
22. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by the law to
(a) disqualify any entrant; or
(b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
23. Under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), the Promoter must tell participants when it collects personal information about them and how it plans to use it. If a participant chooses to enter or take part in the Promotion, the participant will be required to provide the Promoter with personal information including but not limited to the participant’s name, phone number and email. The Promoter collects participants’ personal information in order to conduct the Promotion.
24. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter through email@example.com. If the participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use the participant’s details in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions the participant should contact the Promoter.
25. Entrants may receive email communication to the email address used to register from the Promoter. This may include promotional emails from the Promoter and any other communication will only come from the Promoter.
NSW Permit Number LTPS/19/38801
For the very first time, three hotels of APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU in Tokyo were voted in the Top 20 Best Hotels in Japan, chosen by International Travellers 2019 on TripAdvisor. They were voted in amongst famous, high end hotels after just one year since opening!
Two hotels of APARTMENT HOTEL MIMARU were recognised by Mikihouse (child & family research and marketing institute) as the very first Child-friendly HOTEL In Japan. The certified rooms are a safe space for toddlers and new borns, and with plenty of helpful services, travelling families can safely enjoy their stay. The hotels also hosts events to give you a taste of the parenting culture in Japan.